We asked SCANDAL questions about their newest album “HONEY” and about their upcoming tour! Check out our EXCLUSIVE interview below:
1) Which song do you enjoy performing most from your latest album, “HONEY”?
TOMOMI: “Oh! No!” Punk-feel songs are really fun!
2) Haruna, your new photo album is coming out soon! What can you tell us about it?
HARUNA: Now that I will be turning 30 this year, I put out my first photobook! I’m super excited to have all of you check it out and I’m interested in hearing what the fans think about it!
3) What are some places you are excited to visit on your tour?
HARUNA: It’s our first time going to Dallas but I heard the steak and beer are really good so I’m looking forward to eating with everyone!
4) If you could perform in any city in the world, that you have not performed in, where would
RINA: South America! I would love to do a live show in Chile. We get a lot of love on social media from Chile fans and they all get together on their own and cheer us on! So honored! We’ll definitely work hard so that we can go to Chile in the near future!
5) When you’re not performing, what do you like to do?
MAMI: Recently, I’ve made eating frozen Icey’s or Kakigori my hobby. While at home I use a sewing machine to make clothes and play around with makeup.
6) How would you describe your latest album “HONEY” to fans?
TOMOMI: An album that be described as a “private space”. We had our friends help us with the artwork as well as the contents of the album so I feel like it is the most “real” and expresses the “lived-in” feel we had while creating the album.
MAMI: Given this year will be our 10-year mark in music, “HONEY” has become the most suitable album for this year. This album encompasses all our current urges and we are super satisfied with the turnout of the album!
7) Anything you want to say to your fans?
RINA: Thank you for always cheering us on! We manage to sustain as a band because of all of your uplifting cheers! From here on out, all 4 of us will be making more music so keep an eye on us! I hope to meet all of you Kawaii Kakkoii Sugoi fans at our live show one day!
HARUNA: Thank you for always cheering us on! It’s been 10 years since we first visited the US so with that being said, we’d like to show our appreciation for these past 10 years of support by bringing you the best live show ever! Please come hang out with us!
You can buy tickets for their upcoming tour dates in a city near you here!:
- NEW YORK CITY, NY; SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2018 @ Playstation Theatre: http://www.playstationtheater.com/events/detail/354240
- SAN FRANCISCO, CA; SEPTEMBER 7TH, 2018 @ The Regency Ballroom: http://www.theregencyballroom.com/events/detail/354195
- ANAHEIM, CA; SEPTEMBER 9TH, 2018 @ House of Blues: https://www.livenation.com/events/829179-sep-9-2018-scandal-from-japan
- MONTERREY, MEXICO; SEPTEMBER 12TH, 2018 @ Escena: Ticket sale link TBA
- MEXICO CITY, MEXICO; SEPTEMBER 14TH, 2018 @ El Plaza Condesa: http://www.elplaza.mx/evento/scandal
- DALLAS, TX; SEPTEMBER 16TH, 2018 @ The Bomb Factory: https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1693856
Make sure to check out their latest album “HONEY” and learn all about them here!:
- SCANDAL [JP] OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.scandal-4.com/
- OFFICIAL YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/user/scandalSMEJ
- OFFICIAL FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/scandalofficial
- OFFICIAL TWITTER: https://twitter.com/scandal_band
- OFFICIAL INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/scandal_band_official/