Here are some strange and quite popular ways people are changing up their cup ramen meals.
1. Ramen + Milk = Carbonara
Mix heated milk into a seafood cup noodle and voila!
2. Ramen + Ketchup = Napolitan (Japanese-style tomato sauce spaghetti)
Take soy sauce flavored ramen and add loads of ketchup or tomato juice… Or you could just buy instant napolitan (pictured above), but that would be no fun.
3. Ramen + Creap (Japanese Coffee Mate) = Tonkotsu Ramen
Mix Creap into your salt flavored ramen.
4. Udon + Tabasco = Thai-style Udon
Add tabasco into soy sauce flavored donbei (cup udon)
5. Ramen + Sake = Enhance your ramen
Add a little sake into your boiling ramen. The alcohol removes some of the oiliness of the noodles, giving it a smooth finish.
6. Miso Ramen + Peanut Butter
If you’re bored of regular miso ramen, give this a try. Prepare your miso ramen as usual and at the end add one or two tablespoons of peanut butter.
7. Ramen + Tako-Yaki (Octopus Balls)
They go best with soy sauce flavored ramen.
8. Ramen + Salami
Best eaten with tonkotsu flavor ramen as the salami works with the soup.
Care to try one?