As anyone who follows the indie vkei scene for a period of time longer than two months, I have inevitably noticed that new bands have been picking more and more unusual names. While anyone who”s ever been in a band will tell you, picking a name that accurately represents what your band is about and who you are as musicians, some of these prompt the question… WHAT ON EARTH WERE THEY THINKING???
10. BUNNEIES – Enough said. They have songs with names like EmptyXTears and Darkness Color.
9. PLUNKLOCK – Wait, what? Members include Hello, Haruka, Pinky and Kazuki.
8. 0801弐209336 – Their name. How do you even say it???
7. Crazy★Shampoo – Again, enough said.
6. Dog In The Parallel World Orchestra – Often abbreviated as Dog In The PWO, this band enjoys some popularity amongst fans, and probably only exists to make people wonder, WHAT ON EARTH???
5. DragonWAPPPPPPER – Also somewhat popular, but for the love of Gackt and Hyde, how many more P”s do you need?
4. Oyuugi Wagamama Dan X【PaRADEiS】- Maybe in Japan, a name like this is not long or odd at all… maybe. Still, one has to wonder…
3. 404NotFound – nbso online casino reviews I give them credit for creative thinking, but can you imagine all the puns bound to come out of their song names?
2. Un=(XAG) – I”m not sure what the equation means, or if it even IS an equation. However, any band that releases a song called 拡声ディルド(kakusei dildo) is strange in my book.
1. COCKLOBIN – Probably my favorite out of this whole list. They are actually not bad. My favorite song from them is a six minute long ballad named Cock. That is all.
Most of these bands aren”t very long lived. Because of this, I have probably missed some gems that fell through the cracks due to early disbandment. If you think there are any that should be added to the list, comment below!
Wow those r some weird names XD
cocklobin~! I love cocklobin! 😀
404NOTFOUND isn’t a visual kei band xD just a new band of somebody who was in a VK band and got sick of it. LOL
1. BUMP OF CHICKEN. Seriously, WTF is a bump of chicken? XD
2. Da’vidノ使徒:aL. Pronounced “dabide shito aeru”. It’s a pain in the butt to type.
3. 少女-ロリヰタ-23区. “(Shoujo)-Loli(wi)ta-Nijuusanku”. Lolita23q for short. The stuff in parentheses is silent.
the band call ‘D’ I mean with this short Google never know what you’re looking for!!
OH GOD, when i read all of those weird names i was alike, is this seriously what visual kei has become? What are these people playing at? are they trying to make fun of visual kei with those NAMES? I hope they put it together and put appropriate names to their bands.